posted by picasa

Monday, July 11, 2011

What? Only 2 more week? July 11, 2011

Hey Mom!

Yeah! Only two more weeks here! So if the boys or anyone else wants to know anything about the MTC, I'm still here for another few weeks so ask away!

I was SO happy to get the pictures! I'll be honest I almost cried when I say Joseph's graduation photos. Yeah, but it was good. I'm so glad y'all had fun with the family! I can't believe how many cousins I have that I hardly get to see! We'll have to do something before Jacob leaves for his mission and after I get back :)

Ok....Let's see. This week has been very good. I feel a little like I've slacked a bit so that's NOT good but the rest of it was good. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the spanish that I know and able to dictate things better. I'm learning a lot about the gospel that I had forgotten and ways to explain it, and I'm learning a lot about the language of the Spirit. There was a talk given here that said every missionary will come home being at least bilingual, having learned the language of the Spirit on their missions. I have had bits of this learning here, but I feel like it will explode out in the field. I am so thankful for all the help that Heavenly Father has given me here. He's allowed me to learn spanish to a degree where I feel comfortable enough going out into an all Spanish community and thinking I can somewhat contribute to a lesson being taught! That's huge! In 6 weeks! ok, I guess this'll make 7, but still! My Father in Heaven has also helped me learn a lot about people. I was such a rebel rouser before now! I've learned what it is to love people. People, like individuals, I've learned to love them in all their states. I've been known to say that I love people individually and not as a whole, but I think I didn't know what that meant! It's amazing what kind of change can happen in a few short weeks.

My district is officially the "old district" in our zone now. We have the coordinating sister and the zone leaders in our district. It's so weird to think about that, to think what I thought of the Elders who were leaving a week after I got here. They were so great! And now my district is almost gone. The district that just left told us over and over to enjoy this time we have here. This week my step has been lighter, my mind more at ease, and my spirit happier. I've had so many moments this week where I just had to smile and be happy because I thought of where I am and what I am called to do. I feel like I'm rambling a little bit....

Let's see...again. This week went by super fast so I'm having troubles finding things to point out. This may have to be a shorter email. I'll keep a little notebook with me so I can write down, among other things, what I can put in this email for next week. I'll have one more time to email before I'm out, I think. We're supposed to get our travel plans this week so I'll let you all know. OH! Hermana Vaughan and Elder Alder thank you so much for the treats! Hermana Jensen was eating one and she was all, "....Is there butterscotch chips in here? Your mom is a genius." It was pretty awesome :) I also showed the pictures of my family to the Hermanas and they said that Laura is super pretty, Kim is also very pretty but she looks younger than me (How many people have said that now?) and that my brothers are tall. Hermana Vaughan also noted "How cute" you are mom. I was very pleased. I love you guys so much. I don't think I realized this at all compaired to what I'm feeling now.

The dress fits so well mom, you are amazing! I had to put that in there. Oh! and I put some pictures and things in the bag with my sleeping bag so...yeah, look for those before you put it in Joseph's apartment.

I know this church is true. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to that 14 year old boy so many years ago and that through modern revelation we have Christ's church on the earth today. I know I'm not articulate in speech or in writing, but I know that God can make me whatever He wants me to be. I have felt the shaping going on and I am so grateful for it. The time is officially flashing at me so I'll end here. I love you!

-Hermana Aubrey Pixton

PS. Sorry if this letter is disjointed and weird, my brain is everywhere at this point :) I'll let you know about my travel plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment