posted by picasa

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 18, 2011

FOOD BABY!!!!

ok, not so much of a food baby but it's definitely not the way I was when I got in. I guess eating and sitting all the time takes it's toll...

Anyway! This week was really good! Tuesday we had a devotional about the Atonement and afterward we had a little district review of the things that stood out to us in the devotional. It was a really good review and the Spirit was definitely there. We all realized this last week that we'll only have a bit of time left in our district! On Wednesday we were able to Host! We met the new girls coming in after the Elders helped them with their luggage. Hermana Vaughan and I decided to do one together in case there weren't enough girls for us each to host one. The next girl that came by, was from lehi! Yeah! Brittney Webster, we were in choir and musical theatre together in high school. So we got to connect there. She's going to Canada and english speaking but I'll still see her in passing. That night Hermano Gillmore shared the story of his first night in the mission and how he got a native companion and crazy stuff that happened...OK it wasn't crazy but we all got really excited to go. At the end he related us to the unbroken colt that Christ rode into Jerusalem on. It knew who it was carrying and so it didn't freak out when the people in the city started shouting and waving branches in front of it's face. It knew that it's job was to take Christ into the city. Likewise, my job is to take Christ's message into people lives so that the Holy Ghost can witness to their spirit that this is true. It was a really cool analogy and I was able to see myself in it very easily.

I don't remember a bunch about Thursday or Friday, but Saturday's workshop was all on diligence. It was a really good lesson for me that I cannot stop working. I have to work effectively. I feel like I've slacked in the past but that lesson has woken me up to see I could be doing better. I wasn't doing anything bad, but I was sort of coasting, not really moving forward. We had lots of lessons on repentance and being better and how repenting is always a good thing. It's turning toward God. That's what it is. Turning toward God and forsaking anything that He would not be doing, saying or thinking. We has a little follow-up blurp on sanctification. I saw it this way: When we sin, it's like stabbing ourselves with a knife or gripping broken glass. Repentance is taking that knife or glass out. Sanctification comes when you stop licking the wound and let the Holy Ghost heal you. It's a process and not just an event. Healing can take a LONG time, but when God is helping you, when you use the Atonement and know that Heavenly Father loves you and that the Holy ghost can be with you always, there is more hope and there is more healing. It was a great little discussion there :)

I've had the hiccups. twice. today! It was bound to happen but still slightly odd. We got to clean the Temple today! And notice, when you go to the provo temple, the fabric on the benches in the chapels upstairs are different. Look at it, love it, don't take a picture of it ;) You can edit that part out of the blog if you want to. We cleaned the sealing rooms, everywhere. It was really great. OH! I need bugspray! the bookstore here has been out FOREVER! Not the aerosole kind. And if you can find any, thermals would be great too. I just realized that it's really cold down there right now. I should be fine, but I'd enjoy some thermals. If you can't get to it it's totally fine! Thank you for all that you do for me! I'll probably not send actual letters very often home because I'll be able to email every week and it'll take about 2 weeks for a letter to get there. So there still will be letters, but not as many. OH! Tell Merissa (at roxberry) I can only email family, but if I could get her address that would be great! .....Hmmmmmm, what else...I leave monday morning at 3 am and fly to texas, than to NY, then to Buenas Aeres...spelling is....awesome. But yeah, I'll probably call from texas because as much as I would like to wake you up at 5....I'll let you sleep :D

Is the $$$ in my savings or checking? My debit comes from the checking so I was just wondering if I'm tapping into the savings yet. Just wondering :) I'll buy a phone card and a scarf today, and maybe some pictures but probably not. I'll get the second desposable one to you ASAP. I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment