posted by picasa

Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 5

Creo que este semana pasada fue mi cumple-mes. The 25th? Yes? No se, PERO, I've officially been out on the mission for three months! I sort of speak castillano, I enjoy crackers and jam a lot now, and I have seen miracles. It's so amazing mom! I often took this gospel for granted, that we had the knowledge of where we came from, who sent us, how we can be forgiven of our sins and what we have to look forward to in the future. We have hope and the promise of a better life when we follow the commandments of God, a loving Heavenly Father who wants us all back with Him again. It's so amazing, I can't even describe how it is. I haven't the words (in english or castillano). This week we're most likely going to have a baptism! L, the woman we're working with is so excited for her baptism! I don't want to say we will for sure have a baptism and condemn her to death or something with those words so I'm saying we'll most likely have a baptism! We also got a lot of help from the Elders in our zone with our area, they came and contacted here for a day and gave us A LOT of referenes. We've also been able to find some other people to teach and so far all is progressing. It's still hard, I can't imagine it ever being easy, but it's so worth it. Hna. Clark had another cumple-mes ayer, we were going to make brownies today but no one has brownies right now! The stores were all out! It was sad. Sorry for my lack of time last week! I have time now so I'll respond to last week's and this week's letter. Thank you so much for the points by Elder Bushe! They´re great and really help with times out here. So what are the 4 class periods Jacob has with Miss Nelsen, I'm so curious. Let me know how the casting goes! And tell him not to freak out too much about it. There are, oddly enough, greater things in the eternities. I´m so proud of my brothers! They're growing up so well and being all awesome like that. Joseph can put his papers in this month!? Has he started them? Gah! Let me know about that too. My advice there would probably be, read Preach My Gospel. Read it and study it, you use it every single day out here. It may not seem so applicable to you right now, but if you have that knowledge with you before you enter the MTC, you´ll be so much the better. Go in with lots of faith, be completely clean (nothing that would keep you a step away from God), and know that it will be hard. It's the best thing you could do for your life, and it will be hard in ways you don't expect, it's different for everyone but I know that I am a better person now than I was 3 months ago. Other advice will need to be requested in writing and specified ;) Oh! If only dad had brought a pocket knife to church! Oh! My shoe broke. It was the klog brand one, the metal ring the allows the shoe strap to be adjusted snapped. We were about....we were a long while from our apartment and still had people to contact in that area AND we were with one of the ward missionaries. So I threw a bobby pin in there and there it has stayed to this day. There is apparently a shoe repair place here that can fix that (Hna. Arincibia says) so we'll try that. My other shoes are still alive (and they're more comfortable than the klogs) so I'm perfectly fine. Woot to Brock! Hopefully he has hermanas in his district! Apparently we make a big difference in the elders. What a great thing for the boys to experience (the oil consecration). The elders in my zone at the MTC did that their first week there and I was very happy about that. The priesthood is incredible, to power there is so real and you can feel it. The meshies (F and M, they're ward missionaries that I think have their papers in) gave L a blessing and I could just feel the power there. It was a great experience. Kim's in provo? Do you know what complex? Actually, tell her to tell me, because I don't have her address. Oh :) How is roxberry. I think of that place sometimes. They don't really have smoothies down here. And I don't have pictures but maybe Hna Clark does. I'll ask her.
Ok, I've got to go now but I love you and hope you are getting all the frozen yogurt you can before it becomes slightly unreasonably cold to get it. Love!
-Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment