posted by picasa

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 19

Yay! I got your package on Wednesday (we had our district reunion that day, which is usually on Tuesdays and we get our mail those days)! I'm loving the little Belles that you sent me! They make me smile every time I look at them :). And the peanut butter was a warm hug from home, and the gummies reminded me of you, and what could be better than that!? And you found the pictures! I totally wasn't expecting that! But now my zone leaders know what you look like and my companion and company totally know where Jack was coming from with not know if I was his mom or not. Hna. Vaughan was so funny with that too, she was all, You all look the same! It was great.
Ha ha, Yes I'm still eating crackers, we eat them with jam and cheese, or just jam, or crushed into our cereal, they're kind of vital here. We do consume a good amount of fruit though as well and canned veggies are the safer and more convenient form for veggies. So yes, I eat food :D I did have to buy apples to go with the peanut butter though, we don't have a microwave but it was good all the same. It is getting warmer! There is a great deal of wind and that keeps it rather cool but it's no longer freezing when we wake up. I asked Hna. Clark if there are any regulations on packages and she said probably, but we'd have to ask the district or zone leaders for what they are. Oh! We got to our district meeting (we have three districts in our zone) and guess who I saw! Elder Sonderegger! Yeah! He's in our zone this translado! He's not in my district or Hna. Vaughan's district, but the other one. It was nice to see him.
This week was good, lots of walking and lots of working with Menos Activos, Converso Recientes. MACRs for short. We finally got a hold of the Flia. Carbonara. We've tried to contact them a lot of times but this was the first time they contestado nostotros. They were very friendly and talked about the war (there was a war for those islands off the coast of Argentina a few years back, like 30ish probably.) It's kind of a tender subject to those in the war and we don't call the islands by their actual British title here because of it. So that was good and hopefully we'll get to teach them a little and rekindle the fire in them. We've also been working with the references of members a lot. There's this lady in our ward named Tita, she's probably late 70s ish but she's still hopp'n. She took Hna. Arancibia y me (Hna. Vaughan can't walk) to this other lady named Tita. I think she was a pirate in another life! She has two gold plated teeth, portholes in her doors, and ships everywhere, and ship steering wheel things as her chandeliers! She's pretty awesome. At one point in the lesson I asked her if she believed these things (the Book of Mormon, the message of the restauración, y otro cosas de la lección) were true. She answered me with a resounding Sí! It was great. She didn't get to church on Sunday and so we're going to go see her today to check on her. We're still working to get Sofi to church too. She feels she can't leave her husband and we tell her to bring him along but it's a bit complicated. I believe she knows she needs to be baptized but she is held back by something. We're going to do all we can to help her.

*mom editing here, just to keep things clear**

(regarding a Jacobs ecent audition for the HS play)
I remember when cast lists would go up and it was super hard for me to focus on anything because yes, the anticipation had been built and my hopes were high. Life goes on and it's actually better when you don't have a lead, you can be with friends and not focus on the play drama as well as high school drama.

Joseph's papers! Gah! That's so crazy to me. I think that letter thing they gave to be read was more a precaution because some parents can get a little too crazy about where their child goes and when and all that jazz. And you're not crazy, so you don't need to worry about that ;) He'll have his call in no time....aw, he's all grown up ish and stuff :D Let me know how that goes!

Oh! Laura! Half way there! Crazy crazy. (regarding a new baby coming)

Oh, and apparently you don't have to be completely strict with the button up shirt deal. Yeah, but whatever. I still fit into mine so I'm happy :) I would love new pajamas :)

(I asked her what to send for Christmas)

I may have to wait until march or april to wear them but I'd have them and that would be happiness. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. Ok, I've got to go, but I love you and hope everything is going really well with all. Give them my love and I'll try to bear both the names on my chest well.
Love!
Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment