posted by picasa

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

September 26

Momma! ¡Hola!
Everything is crazy! We've been talking to people and trying to find people to teach and teaching and all that.
I'm not excellent at Spanish but I can understand what's being said to me generally, except direct questions....I'm bad at those. But I'm gaining more confidence in speaking and not so embarrassed when I mess up. On Saturday night the bishop called us and asked Hna. Clark to give a talk and me to share an experience and testimony. I was so scared!
In Spanish there's two kinds of past; preterit and imperfect....I'm not too good at using them yet, so sharing a past experience was a bit nerve wracking. Afterward the members were so great to me and told me how great my testimony was and how much better my Spanish/Castillano es ahora que antes. It really helped me. But I'm not so much worried about the language as I am about the teaching; I really hope that I'm able to teach what these people need to hear.


*my cat brought a snake in to the house, shes responding to that picture.*
A snake!? Wow Sweetie, you've got something in your system ahora. Oh, and I didn't respond to the picture of Jacob! He's turning into such a stud! Man, I'm gonna have to get out the fences and big sister protectiveness for him (it's already out for Joseph in case he was wondering).

Oh, yes snake. We kind of have snakes, more they're men that say interesting words in Spanish Hna Clark says I don't have to know right now, more we have spiders and weirdy silver tiny worm bugs that turn into dust when you kill them, they're weirdy. I haven't thought about hot water warmingness of peanut butter! Yes, doing it! This week I was craving the frozen berries, creamer stuff and oats we warm up and eat a lot of, and a cupcake, but they don't have those here, which is ok because they have facturas. I crave random cosas cada dia y record them in a personal log in my brain. I've been hungry a lot, which is so weird because I'm eating a lot! I still fit into my clothes but I'm eating a lot. Today for P-day we went to the gym in the capilla and did some crazy dancing and such. Then we went outside and ate sandwiches and climbed on the basketball hoop frames. We took pictures but this computer isn't wanting me to send them, I'll see if Hna Clark can send them from her computer. So that was super fun. I've been getting sick, my body's been feeling weak and my throat is sore...and smoking peeps don't help! Peeps! Don't smoke! It's not healthy.

ANywAy! Wait, isn't conference this coming weekend? Isn't is? Well that's what it is for us, the RS one was this past saturday right? No se. We will actually get to watch all of it hopefully. We go to the stake center and watch it all together, and apparently I can hear it in English! Yes! Being taught the Gospel in my own tongue! I was excited about that, igual I'll get an ensign/liahonna of conferene talks but I do like to hear the words from their mouths.

Sewing! Yes! You can do it! ¡Lo Puede! I really enjoy watching a sewing project come together, that's a lot of the reason I like to sew. Oh! I have letters for Megan, Kellie and Sara and You and Dad but we had expenses this month we didn't anticipate and so I couldn't send them! But I can next week! They're from forever ago so I hope they're still ok.
Hna. Clark and I are really good, both of us are kind of sick but we're fighting it and working igual so we'll be fine. The next translado es the week after next, the 16th I think and I'm not looking forward to losing Hna. Clark. She's such a strength to me. But I know that changes need to happen and I'll go or stay where ever the Lord needs me. It is getting warmer, the wind is still cold. Oh! On wednesday was the first day of Spring down here and it was tan lindo! Both Hna Clark and I got little sunburns. The next day was really cloudy and coldy windy! Que cambio! it's apparently typical of Mar del Plata though and it's not a big switch for me either coming from Utah where it was pretty one day in April and then snowed 5 inched over night. But yes, it is getting warmer.


Ok, the people! We found a woman named Brinda in the calle but when we got to her house she was busy or something, but she has a vesina quien answered the door and let us teach her. We asked her to pray at the end of the lesson and it was so sincere and pure. I love the prayers of the people down here that we are teaching to pray! She said she's come to church but then she wasn't there. We'll see. We're still working to get Sofi to church and we found three other men whome we need to utilize the ward missionaries for. Two are brothers and one is...interesting. I'll let you know how that all goes when we find out. Oh, and yes, Elder Sonderegger was in my MTC district! It's great to see him every week at meetings. Thank you so much for the pictures and the letters that you send me every week! I love hearing about the family and what you are doing! I love you Mom and hope you are enjoying this time of year!
Love you!
-Hermana Aubrey (I have a first name...) Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment