posted by picasa

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 10

Woh! So much is happening! It's so great that it's not "so boring" anymore ;) Oh! Thank you for the package sendingness! I promise not to open anything that's wrapped until Navidad. Sorry this one is a little late, we got back late from Centro and I don´t have my camera or agenda or nada, BUT I did take pictures so hopefully the anticipation for them will not drive you wild. Guess what song I heard today at the ward missionary party? That thing you do. Yeah, a little weird, they listen to a lot of music in English here. I'm so happy Dad could come home early! and that Kim comes home los fines de semanas! y José es trabajando! Y Laura and Steve and Jack are probably having a great time! Y for the pictures! I'll bet being a scarer is weird, I don't think I'd like to do it either. We were talking about the power of Satan in our apartment one night and it got a little intense and we all had to stop, sing a hymn and say a prayer, it was scary. It's moments like those that remind me there are forces of Good and evil in this world and we need to choose who to listen to and heed. So yeah, this next week will be the final week of the translado, Hna. Clark thinks she's leave because of the amount of time she's been here, I just hope that I've learned all that my Father had for me to learn from her. We did a lot of walking this week and my body had an interesting response to working after being sick (I was just tired and it felt weird). OH! So you know how I talked about creepy men here and that they're snakes, well aparently the girls that go after Elders are also snakes! AND the men who go after sisters are snakes too, AND the other Hnas think I have a snake. To be honest I do not remember his name, but he was at General Conference and was talking to me A LOT and "flirting" with me to quote Hna. Vaughan. It was funny, I didn't think too much about it but then Hna. Clark told me that he's looking for a wife....yeah no. But he showed up at our fast and testimony meeting and Hna. Arancibia and Hna. Vaughan almost died. The former saying to the latter, "He's here for Hna. Pixton" It was creepy, but maybe I'll be transfered! Wishful thinking but hey, it could happen....
ANYway, we've been working a lot with Maria and I think she's progressing, she had a busy week so we only got to teach her once, but it was good and she WAS going to come to church but then her daughter got sick. We went to get another investigator and she said she couldn't come, come to find out she didn't think she could bring her daughter...we need to explain church better :) Then another was at him house but his dad must not have known that because he said they were gone...All in all it was a kind of depressing turn out. BUT We are missioneras and we will work until we are called not to work anymore! Go fight win!
"What is sister clarks moms email? I'd like your new companions home email too if you get a new Chica.
What do you want or need for Christmas? Dad and I thought we'd put some $ in your account so you could buy a great Argentinian something that you could use and then bring home as a memory too. What do you think of that idea? I'm happy to send anything not too big or something that will get stolen or be a pain for you to pack around. Give me some ideas!! Did you have to pay any extra for the package I sent? I hear stuff from the other argentina missionary moms (all the southern missions) and they talk of extra costs. I'm hoping Bahia blanca being a port city is really on top of the shipping receiving situation. Is it a port city? What,also, is your physical address? I just wanna know so I can google map your neighborhood."
Hna. Clark's mom's email....carolynclark1 at juno, for Christmas, ok you ready for my cleaver ideas? Shirts, good chapstick, and a journal. Yeah, epic eh? I'm not sure, because like you said, it'd have to be something useful and I could carry with me from place to place, I asked Hna. Clark for ideas and she was all "a maid".....useful but not too portable, or practical for a mission ;) maybe more socks for flats, like the no show footie socks I could wear with my mary-jane guys. Um.......I'll think more and get back to you hopefully next week with all the ideas you could ever want. I didn't have to pay for the envelope that I know of but Hna. Vaughan got a package and had to pay more for it but I'm not sure how that works, I'll ask. yes, I believe Puerto is a port city, not for the name but for the smell. Yes, of fish and things I'm not sure what they are, but it's lovely igual.
I love you mom and I'm so glad that you're busy and being creative with your sewing! and using the word "weirdy" Have a great week and I'll send more later!
-Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment