posted by picasa

Monday, June 27, 2011

June 20, 2011

Hey! I hope this gets to you soon but if not that's ok, you will have SO much fun at youth conference. Ok, well this week was actually pretty awesome. I got letters (thank you!) and learned more spanish grammer (that's coming) and we had a lot of fun with our district. On fridays the Senior companions (did I ever tell you I'm that for at least another week?) meet with the district leader and discuss the district. We talked about how we probably could be using our time more wisely and I definitely agree. We had an orange eating contest during personal study time, it was actually WHILE the district leader-senior companion meetings were going on. After the meeting I got us out of there and we studied on the couches. Oh wow. My spelling has gotten SO bad. It's taken me five minutes to write this much because I have to keep backspacing.

Saturday was actually good! I was kind of dreading the class blocks because of the lateness and the workshops that stress me out but this time is was good! We went to the room/"Chapel" we use for sacrament meeting and we were split into three groups, and put into different scenarios. We had to help "the investigator" resolve their issues with going to church. After it was over I felt REALLY good about my spanish. I was pumped and happy and it was great! Oh, but ask me to talk to someone in spanish about normal things and I go blank. And guess what fun game we're playing in my district?! It's called the Native or "el nativo!" It's where the teachers pick someone to be "the native" and no one else knows but that person. At the end of the day (you're another colder!) we all vote for who we think is the native and if we guess right we get a point and if someone votes for us then we get a point as well. it's fun but it's hard. The native can only speak in spanish while everyone else wants to make others think they're the native and so we try to speak in spanish as much as we can. I've not been picked to be the native yet but I was voted for twice so that made me happy.

I may have to send an Elders story with ever email because they're so funny. Elder Alder got a birthday card from someone with a Taylor Swift song attached to it and Elder Daniel LOVES Taylor Swift, so Elder Mikesell decided it would be funny to play the song on the card while they (Rapp and Daniel, they're roomies) were going to sleep. They opened it and slid it under the door to Rapp and Daniel's room and the first time, said elders just looked out and around, but the second time Elder Rapp "went all predator" on the Elders pulling the prank. Elder Mikesell has it all on video and it's pretty hilarious.

Oh! I was talking with some of the other Hermanas and they said that we've been told to buy a sleepingbag out there. They suggested I send the one I brought home and if I need it in the winter to ask for it but not to bring it immediately. I was wondering if we could work something out with Clark or if that's too underhanded. I donno, that's why I'm running it by you. Anyway. Sigh. What else happened this week. Oh! It rained! You probably know that but I got to test out my raincoat! It works :D We took pictures and hopefully I'll get some extra prints from others as well. And I'm sending the other pictures back with the commentary.

Expect letters in the mail! I don't have everyone's address so I'll need to be sent that before I can send them anything. Did Laura and Steve get my letter? I sent it to the address but I didn't put the apartment number on it, it should be fine but get there late. I was just wondering.

Well I'm very happy here and I'm seeing progress, it's hard to see right now but in retrospect I've learned SO much. I know all the words in the One Semester of Spanish Spanish Love Song. And how to use them to teach the gospel! Yeah! I'm loving my companion and the other Hermanas in my district SO much more and the Elders are ok too. No they're great :) I'm stressing out less and less and my prayers in spanish are becoming a lot more meaningful. Thank you so much for writing me and for all the support you give me! I love you all and hope you're doing well. You're in my prayers!

/Hermana Aubrey Pixton

PS oh! I got my nice spanish scriptures ingraved FOR FREE! I may have already told you that...

No comments:

Post a Comment