posted by picasa

Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

Hey Mommy!

Sunday was good, different, but still Domingo so it was good. We had all the new mission presidents over these last few days (basically all week) and so there was a lot of fun changes going on. We had a special fireside on Friday where Elder Bednar spoke! it was a great talk about being a "Preach my Gospel" missionary. I really enjoyed that talk, even if we had to be in the overflow :P Then sacrament meeting was combined with a bunch of other districts and zones, there was at least 10 who blessed the sacrament! it was pretty crazy. Then our temple walk was beautiful, it was so pretty outside yesterday! We spent some time on the grounds in the grass in the shade (nice, I know!) and the Hermanas met with the new Brazil....some part mission president and his wife. Their last name was Klein, that's all I remember about that but they were really nice and complemented us on our Spanish. I said something like, nuestro mensje es muy importante. And the president was all, OH!! Good!!! Very good Spanish. Little does he know that is one of the only phrases I know :D

I didn't get to see Clark at all this week! Did we get a chance to run the little sleeping bag scheme by him? The Sisters in my zone said they talked to Sisters in our mission and they said to not bring a sleeping bag. That the rooms are stocked with blankets and if you REALLY need one there's ones there but I think I'll be ok. I feel so bad sending it back! They also said no aerosol anything because it explodes on the plane so the bug spray needs to be replaced too. I may be able to get that at the bookstore here. I'm keeping the liner that you sewed for me though.

Oh! guess who I've seen? A Lew child, guess who else? Preston Powell, and Austin Gerber, and Jake Crump! Weirdy huh! Those were actually tender mercies, this week's been a beast. We learned about Subjunctive phrases in Spanish and they're ok by themselves but knowing how to use them before you actually say anything is what's getting me. Ah well, I guess I'm not a JEDI master yet ;) (JEDI meaning Judgement, Emotion, Doubt and Influence). Spanish is coming. We had a substitute teacher one day and she is from Columbia. She was SO tiny! Anyway, she gave us a great lecture on how you need to listen to the Spirit and not think too hard about what you'll say next in Spanish because if you do that, you can't listen to anyone but you. It made all of us, or at least all the Hermanas feel a lot better, maybe it was because she was an Hermana as well....In this world of men it's nice to have a woman teacher. She took us outside and had us meditate on our desires, yawl should try it, it's great. And yes I just said yawl. Hermana Vaughan is from South Carolina and she's made a mark on all our languages.

This week's funny Elders story actually happened yesterday. Elder Mikesell(yeah, these usually involve him) decided it would be a great idea if Elder Rapp were to jump and he(Elder Mikesell) caught him by his hips and held him up in the air like superman. We got it on video. It's pretty funny. They ended up running into each other, and then the last time Elder Mikesell kinda of carried Elder Rapp across our classroom, to spiritually uplifting music too...yeah, it was pretty great.

Hmmm, what else. I didn't get to see any general authorities this week in person. I saw them on the screen and I never saw the Prophet but we did watch a little biography on him that LDS.org has. It was faith building to say the least and very entertaining. OH! ok, can you ask Clark his teaching schedule so I can meet with him at some point (unless that's too sneaky). It's been a good week. I was so happy to hear about girl's camp! and from Laura! and the cupcakes! The hermanas in my district liked that too :)

I love you all and I know this is where I need to be. It's hard. It's very hard but I know I can do it. A Prophet of God called me to do this and if God knows I can endure well and learn the language and the Gospel in such a way that I can teach it effectively, I know I can. Oh! I did sealings last week! I don't know if I told you but I loved them!

My time is just about up and the red numbers that count down my time are flashing at me, so I'll end here. I love you! Look for my letters soon!

-Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment