posted by picasa

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 15

Woot! So I´m good and I´m really not THAT awesome at spanish yet, but I´m getting better! I can actually pick out words I don´t know yet and ask Hna. Clark about them later so that´s good! I´m teaching much much more than I was before and I´m happy things are getting a bit brighter on that front. I just got the photo...oh airplanes. It´s safe to say I´m glad not to have to be on one for another long while.....17 hours ish....ugh. Anyway! So it´s a no on the instant chat. Yeah, I thought as much but I thought I should ask and legitly tell you now. But weekly is still good. I don´t have much time this week because we have a cita in 20 minutes. Also, no picture this week.....I KNOW I´m sorry, it just didn´t happen. OH! but I found the train tracks! They run through the villa, the people build their houses on the tracks so they don´t pay anything. I can´t get a picture because my camera may be gone the next minute. But you told me to avoid the "trains" anyway, so I will, unless there is someone in there that needs the gospel, which would be all of them, but I´ll do my best not to be there at night! Not a lot a citas this last week so a lot of walking and lots of contacting, a few other citas but not a lot. They also had elections this week so people didn´t come to church because they were voting, so we need to move a baptism date further out. Yeah, sad stuff. Ok, so odd things that happened; This old guy on the corner shouted at Hna. Clark and me as we were walking out, in English "Oh! Lookin´good! I like you!" We walked past and then swiftly laughed at wrote it down. Also, we were going to see an investigator, and we say the end bit of a house getting robbed. That was interesting. Hna. Clark was all, I had a phone if no one else in their houses had a phone. And I was all, I´m in a skirt and really don´t want to run after them. It was interesting and we decided to see that contact later and just call her. Ok, your questions: "How are things there? What was the best part is your week? How are allyour clothes holding up? Any thing I can send you when I send the bookI WILL find?"
You totally NEVER/NUNCA let me down and never will, and a photo album is only a thing, I´m just glad it was somewhere and I didn´t loose it on the three flights. Things here are great, still cold but warming up. Once again, not a lot of citas but I´m getting to know the members a lot more and teaching them in spanish (so when I totally mess up it´s ok). Hna Clark and I will teach together with investigators but I´ll give the thought or whatever for almuerso appointments. The best part of my week.......Hm, that may have been the moment when I realized I could recognize words people said instead of just hearing blurrs and not much else. Oh, yeah, random note. It takes 9 pesos to get a letter to the states, that´s like 3 dollars. So people may not be getting bunches of mail from me ALL the time, but I´ll write back if they write me.....The elders say they have a "dead year" when people kinda forget they´re gone. I may already be dead. Or people just don´t know where I am, either one I´ll need to accept one of these hours. Ok, more. My clothes are all fine, a snap came off of my coat but it´s just for the weather flap and I´ll find a way to fix it. Everything else is good, I´m not sure what will happen by my birthday, which I realized is about my half-way mark as well as the day Hna. Clark goes home. Ironic eh? I can´t think of anything I need at this moment in time....OH! If people randomly get engaged and you see it on my facebook page, could you tell me please? I don´t want to be left out of that one. Ok, gotta go! But I love you and I hope you all have a great time in Hawaii and I love the picture from Kim´s graduation and am so proud of her and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOU! Lots :) Chao!
Oh! And everyone needs to read the conference Ensign again, it was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment