posted by picasa

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 8


Whaaaaaa? Another week gone? Shoot dang! :) Hna. Clark say "shoo´" It´s wonderful.
SO! This week was really good, we have district meetings on Tuesdays and we had a baptism on Wednesday! Oscar. He is Hna. Vaughan´s first in the mission but I´m sure she´ll have many more. Our ward mission leader put Hna. Vaughan and me in charge of the "half-time show" aka while the people were changing clothes and so we showed part of the 12 witnesses movie of the testimonies of the Prophets and apostles and then bore testimony afterward. Before we got up to do this, Hna. Clark told us that investigators were in the audience and that we would be mostly talking to them. Talk about nervious! But I was told we did well.
This week has been a lot about not losing hope and keep going and knowing that there are people waiting for this even if they don´t know it. Yesterday we were contacting a bit and walking to a reference´s house and Hna. Clark decided to tocar a door on the street. The man let us right in and I was able to help teach my first real lesson with the parts on how to start and everything! We both felt that they felt the Spirit. It was so great to be able to do what I´m called to do and what I´ve been training for. We were about half-way home when we realized we never invited them to baptism OR set up another cita! Gah....I felt so bad! That was my part in the lessons this week, but we hadn´t had many new lessons so it may have caught me off guard. We´re hoping to go by again and see if they´ve read (we left them a Book of Mormon and a folleto on the Restoration) and see if we can teach them again, we´ll see.
We´re also working with new converts and less active members. One couple is having trouble knowing if they want to be sealed or not because of how some things are now. We went over last night and the husband was asking about the Temple and we directed him to the bishop because we didn´t know how much to say because of the sacred nature of the subject. I was listening and I thought I heard him say "when" they go to the temple. I waited until after to ask Hna. Clark if that is what he said and she said yes and I got so excited! What a blessing for them so be together and not have to worry about the life afterward! We are still working with them though to help them stay positive about it.
I´m doing really well! The Spanish is coming and yesterday when I was able to teach I got super excited! I´m understanding more and more and I know it´s only through the power of God that I´m able to listen to these fast speaking Argentine people and get the jist of what they´re saying! No other power could do that. And then on top of that I´ve been able to pray and bear testimony and help invite the Spirit! That is huge to me! If the Spirit is there the lesson, no matter how awkwardly said, can touch the hearts of the people. I am so grateful to be here and learn from these people as well as teach them what I know to be true. I have felt the Spirit in my life so much more now that I know I need it. I pray for it and I do all I can to keep it here with me.
On Saturday we went to the ward mission leader´s house and he had made the Argentine barbecue for us and the ward missionaries! Carne! It was so good! And we ate calamari. It was pretty awesome actually. Let´s see what else....Oh, I may need sheets and a pillowcase. Thank you for your emails Mom! I love you and I´m so glad things are going well. Give everyone a hug for me! Oh! and my mission office address is:
Mision Argentina Bahia Blanca
Chacabuco 1755
8000 Bahia Blanca
Buenos Aires
Argentina
Yes, that is where I´ll be for the next little bit and I think I get those letters every week if I´m not mistaken. So yeah. Life is good. I´m loving it here :) Love the Lord, Love the family and know I love you!
-Hermana Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment