posted by picasa

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 29

So we have a cita at 6:30 and it´s way far out in no where so I may need to cut this short! Oh there´s so much I want to say! Thank you for your letters and words of encouragement! I´m so glad to have you all and so blessed with such an awesome family! Ok, really fast. We had our zone conference this week and that was fun, we had it scheduled for the morning so the night before we planned that in and planned people to try to contact that night, then the elders called and said, yeah just kidding, it´s in the middle of the day. Yeah, we didn´t have time to see people that night! It was sad, but the conference was good. We have maybe.....10 ish or more, I could be lying there, companionships and then there were the assistants and the President and his wife. The assistants planned a half hour at the beginning to ¨Bajar la caña¨ or Drop the cane, like....tell us what we need to be doing better. That never actually happened that I know of (then again I´m not understanding half of it) but it was funny to look at.
The cita we have is with Laura, she´s in the same building as a member and so she has daily interaction with her so that´s really good. She´s progressing really well and can recognize Satan´s opposition, it´s really cool actually that it´s so aparent to her, the difference. We have her baptismal date as the 10th and I´m so excited for her, she came to church yesterday and Hna. Clark said that she(Hna. Clark) thinks she(Laura) liked it.We also went to see Ismael on saturday. He is such a joy! He´s older and in an old person´s home and I can´t understand a lot of what he says but he´s so great. I learned that he folk danced, sang and taught tango when he was younger. I´m enjoying him so much now I cannot wait to meet him in the next life! We also have been trying to work with Juan Carlos, he´s shown borachado to the citas and so we can´t teach him, then he didn´t come to the last one and when we were buying fruit today we saw him and he said he got a job. That´s good, I hope he can keep progressing though and realize that jobs are good now, but eternally you need more. Also! The Familia Moscuzza! They´re doing so well. I love going over there. The ward is helping them to make their house better, putting in outlets and redoing the walls and helping them like that. I´m so excited for them. (They´re recient converts).
This week I was reminded of the worth of what I´m doing by two different things: the scripture "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God", as well as the story of the little boy throwing starfish back into the sea, and when confronted by a man who told him that he couldn´t possible make a difference in such little time and with so many starfish strewn across the beach, he picks one up and throws it into the surf. "It made a difference to that one." It´s been so great to re-realize that this week. Tambien, there is a talk this last conference on chastening, it is SO GOOD! I need to remember that if things are hard and I´m doing all I can to be a good missionary or even just a good person, maybe God is refineing me, and showing me my weakness so that He can help me make it strong.
Los Lunes´are so interesting to me because it´s a time to reflect on what happened in the week and realize how much I´ve learned. At times it all runs together and I have a hard time seeing the moments, but it´s so good to look at the little things that make the week worthwhile.
"I must know! Are you ok? Are you happy? Are you eating ok? Are you warm at night? Do you need anything?"
Ha ha ha :D I´m Ok and Happy and I´m eating too much but will eat better this week, I´m kind of cold at night but it´s been better lately, we have bedbugs so that´s a bit annoying but we´re not getting sick so I´m ok with it. And all that I need is love, and I feel that is given to me with every email and during the week through prayers :) Thank you so much mom! (Oh! I got the Dearelder letter this last tuesday!)
I love you so much Mom! You may have no idea how much of a strength your words are. I´ll try to write more next week!
-Hermana Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment