posted by picasa

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 14, 2011

Wow, this week was a bit crazy, so we have two investigators who have their baptism date for this coming Sunday, the problem is we aren't sure one of them has a testimony and so we may need to change that one, the other one llame Gladis is spectacular, she reads and prays and when she has a questions she reads and prays to know the answer! She came to church yesterday...for the first time. Yeah, but she really liked it and the Bishop and Pres both said that if she passes the interview she'll be baptized! With Nadia, the other investigador, we're not able to meet with her until maybe thursday...that's the other thing, so I'd definately feel better about baptizing her on the 26th or algo. But I think they'll both be baptized this month! The other Hnas have a couple of 50 years who aren't married yet, but they really really want to be baptized so they're getting married! it's really hard to get married here so that's kind of a big deal! We also found another woman this last week llame Edith. We were trying to find a street (with my random up and downs of other streets) and we rounded a corner and there she was sweeping the walk. We started talking and she invited us in to share our message. Hna Sleight started saying something like how this Gospel is the way that Christ made for us to obtain peace and joy and this poor woman started crying! We decided we make lots of people cry, this wasn't the first time but it was so strong to me. We went through the first lesson with her and she got the Book of Mormon and said she was going on a trip to Buenos Aires this week but that she would read and call us when she was done! After we got to the house that night we got a text from her saying thank you for the peace we brought. We decided that in this work, we don't do anything. It's all the Lord and we just open our mouths and walk and stuff like that. It's been a great week and Hna. Sleight and I are working much better together.
Bueno! I totally enjoyed the pictures! Siempre! I haven't gotten any other packages yet but tomorrow's another day. 5!!!!!!! Oh wow mom! Thank you so so much!!!!!! I haven't had to pay for my packages but I'm wondering if I've just been lucky. Apparently they go through and randomly choose a few that the people need to pay for them, but I don't think with the last two I was chosen. We'll see though. But thank you so much! Furlong....I feel like he was but I can't put a face to him, I'll keep an eye out though. YES! It's super warm now, my colerbone area is much darker now and my face has been protected by my makeup and such so I think I look funny :) We have a big ol fan in the apartment that we'll probably utilize soon though. Clothes for the mission....really I'm good with anything, they don't seem to be super strict on the buttom up shirt deal but skirts need to reach the mid-calf. I may have a much different style when I come home to be honest but we'll see. I trust your judgement :) I can shop a bit here, it's just interesting the price conversion, like a good shirt is anywhere from 50-100 pesos but I can pull the money out of the account from home, so if that's easier on you I can totally take care of that. We'll talk to each other really soon! Navidad is almost only a month away! Crazy huh? And don't get too excited about hearing my spanish, it's still super slow and not in good grammer at all! But we can teach somehow so that's good enough from me! Know that all is well here :) I was talking to Hna Sleight about how Elder shopping is SO much easier than Sister shopping, so that's good for Jojo, mucho mas stores to buy shoes and all that :) That day is gonna creep up, what's up with the 25th? That was the day I went in too! I'm really glad about Grandpa and the funness of the celebration of the birth of one of my most favorite people ever! And I remember during the high school plays when I made the costumes, I loved seeing them in action and helping the actor create the character for the audience. Jo jo is such a good boy and I'm so proud of him and Jacob, they're growing up really well. Oh! B& t B! Woot! Hopefully the wig doesn't fly off or the case around the rose doesn't break :) Ha ha! I miss that show, though I'm more likely to see a Tango than a play out here. The ward has a show de talentos on the 25th and so that should be really great! Other than that..that's about it. I'll keep working and praying and walking and talking and hope I can be a tool somehow in the hands of God. He really does guide this work and we are nothing without Him. "Look to me in ever though, doubt not, fear not" This is so great a work and if this gospel wasn't true, the missionaries would have messed it up a long time ago. I love this so much! I love you all so much and thank you for always writing me and sending me pictures and helping me know that I am still loved back home. Thank you for your prayers and know that I pray for you too. I love you momma!
-Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment