posted by picasa

Monday, November 7, 2011

October 24

Yes, I am very happy right now, which is super weird because we didn't have a lot of exito this week. We were pretty much trying to find the ground beneath our feet, only to discover that we were walking on water out to Christ. Yeah, that was a bit scary, and I felt like I was sinking for about a day, then I realized that all I need to do is ask for help, call out and ask for help, and straightway the Savior reached out and pulled me from the water. I am so thankful for that right now. I have a testimony of the power and reality of this Gospel. People may think that we're disillusioned (like this lady at the beginning of this week) but it's so reassuring to have that testimony of Christ, to know that at the base of all our beliefs is Jesus Christ. Wow. Yeah, I'm feeling good, and not dis animated. I've been feeling the forces of Satan working on me this week, it was intense. Satan uses all he can to cause us to fear or to lose faith. But we know that God gives love and power and a sound mind. It's when we adjust our focus that we (o por la menos mi) see that if we give our burden to Christ, He will carry it for us, His yoke is light and His burden easy. He loves me and I know that my Father in Heaven is mindful of everything that happens on this planet. If I share the Gospel with someone who maybe isn't ready for it right now, I know that God doesn't forget them. This is a HUGE comfort to my heart. Anyway..... :D
Yes, I know I slip into Spanish sometimes, I think it comes from living with a Chilean. I have grown to love her so much! She's my "tia" in the mission and she's been such a help to me, from planning to figuring out why my stomach hurts (it was stress, don't worry :D) I've really learned a lot about myself in this last week too, how I cope with things, how I can be a better companion, how I can communicate better and how I can share the Gospel clearer. It's so simple and wonderful, I can't believe I was trying to make it complicated! I also was reminded that it's really hard to leave someone you love a lot. But I know that with this new companion, Hna. Sleight, we will both grow to bear fruit that before we couldn't have thought of. I'm excited. GAH!!! Joseph's call!!!!!!!?????? No chiste!!!?????? Freaking enserio! That's awsome! Yeah, China was an impulse, I really have no idea, maybe rome, that'd be cool, or preston Idaho (say HI to the Sleight's for me!) Yup no tango ni idea, but let me know! I love the board too! That's so awesome! Yes! and I'll keep an eye out for the new sister. I may be a trainer soon....no, Hna S and I were thinking that Pres. is trying to get us ready to be trainers, but maybe not. We'll see. How freaky would THAT be? I'l check with the garment ordering, and...I may not send anything home this Christmas, apparently it costs more to send it than it's worth, so I officially owe all of you presents in about a year and 2 months. I LOVE that quilt mom, it's really awesome and I may need to make one with you in a year or so :) I have a bunch to say but I still need to respond to the fam e-mail! but I love you and I'll definately let you know how this next week goes!
Love you so much!
-Hermana Aubrey Pixton
PS. Apparently I have a package (so say the elders) Gracias!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment