posted by picasa

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 21, they got her to sing!! warms mamas heart

WOO! Ok, So we had a baptism yesterday! Yes! Gladis Sulca se llama y ella es increible! Enserio! It was really great to see her finally in the waters of baptism! Sadly none of her family came to see her take this step, but we're hoping on teaching some of them if not all. We also have a girl named Nadia who really wants to be baptized but she's making sure that she knows in her heart and not just that she likes it, which we can definately respect, still we're going for her baptism this saturday! We need to find new people to teach though! We had a zone conference on Friday with Elder Aiukietis...algo asi, and he bajar-ed la caƱa pero mal! I just finished feeling like dirt this morning! But it was needed, we have some really good goals for the end of the year and so I'm more excited now. Ha ha, so we got another District leader llame Elder Thomas, he's from Utah and he's the new companion of Elder Knudson who we also very much enjoy. Anyway, we told Elder Thomas one night that we felt like dirt and he was all, you girls are like clouds....because...they're higher than dirt... Ha ha. It made me feel a bit better. So yes, we need to find a lot more new investigators this week and get them ready to take the step of baptism. Wow, my brain is dizzy, anyway! Other than that it's gotten really hot. OH!!!! I washed my clothes today in a bucket! Yes! I was pretty excited about that. They smell clean and everything but they're all hanging on nylons in our bathroom drying now, so that's the only downside, is they're still wet. But it was fun! This is the last week of the transfer but I'll probably stay in this area until....April or something. Which I'm ok with, I really enjoy Puerto and there is still work here for me to do. The language is coming still. I have a hard time with questions todovia but I think it'll get better.
I'm doing well, a bit dizzy but good. Hna Sleight is doing better than me! She has a very good hope for this next week and I'm very grateful for that. We work really well together actually and we're growing a lot together. Let's see, eating opportunities....we ate normal things.....like sandwiches with hotdogs for the meat and ravioles and other pasta, and chicken and rice and......bread. Yup, we eat some awesome things, we have the Dia that is our main food supplier, and really, mostly I just buy cereal, oats, raisens (this is my cereal mix) milk and sometimes things for the house, like butter or rice. I am learning to make quite a bit of fun things, like arros con leche, it's pretty epic. Because of the emergancy transfer where we got our new district leader we didn't get mail this last week. Hmm, but I'll let you know, ALSO! I took out 417.12 pesos from my checking account, that should be about 100 dollars or close to it. So when you see that on my account, yeah, that's what it is. I haven't taken anything out of there since the MTC, just so the record is clear :) I had this idea for christmas but I forgot! But if you want to get Joseph to make peanut butter balls I'd be ok with that ;) He generally ate all the ones I made so I think he needs to make them this year. It's almost thanksgiving! Crazy stuff, we'll probably buy some chicken and make a "pie" which is actually pasta froles. Vamos a ver. We did bust out the Christmas music this morning and for some reason I have a bunch of music on my ipod like "Mr. Grinch" and "12 days of Christmas" we'll avoid those on normal days :D But it was fun. We're invited to the Bishop's house for Christmas dinner so that should be good, and we're praying Hna Arancibia gets to stay for Christmas and New Years. We had a little cold scare but it passed with only a head cold for Hna Israelsen (there's 12 kids in her family, ha ha Israel...yeah, it's cool to me) But yeah! I hope thanksgiving is great and all the apples are cut really really small for Grandpa and there is a lot of pecan pie left over so eat the next day! That's the best with turkey sandwiches and all. Yes, Hna Sleight wants to buy a little tree for our house and I'll break our the cinnamon sticks and make it awesome, and then we'll have a baptism that saturday and it's be great! Oh! For the baptism of Gladis, our ward mission leader told us to prepare a musical number the day before. We ended up singing "Come thou Fount" in english and spanish and I was elected to sing the first verse solo and the last line of the song too. Yeah. But it was good and I got a lot of members shocked faces telling me how good I sounded and that they didn't know I could sing like that. It was a good feeling. Hna Sleight sang the third verse and Hna Arancibia sang the first one in Spanish. I can come in the morning and print them off and have them and then respond in the afternoon, that'd probably be best, I'll do that next week! Love you Momma!
-Hna Aubrey Pixton
I'll try to respond to the other emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment