posted by picasa

Monday, August 13, 2012

Creepy Men



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aubrey Pixton <aubrey.pixton@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Subject: Creepy Men
To: Momma <1102connie@gmail.com>


Ha ha, so story, I'm teaching my dear companion some English and one of the things she learned was "creepy men", let me tell you why; We were walking down the sidewalk and this man was sitting on the outside window ledge, we passed, said hi and he said, are you going to talk with me about you guys? And we thought....yeah! So we go sit down on some benches and we are talking about he was recently separated and how it's really hard for him and he starts asking me, not us, me, question. Then he says, I want you to look into my eyes, don't blink, look into my eyes for 5 minutes, I want you to understand something. I'm thinking.........is there something in there? Does he want to try to read my mind? I'm so confused! But yeah, I figured he wouldn't let it rest until I did it and it wasn't harming anything so I stared at him for 5ish minutes, my companion is trying to get his attention off of only me and she says, ok 5 minutes is up! He says nope, I'm keeping the time by my pulse. Hna. Alverez is a nurse and says so and that you can't tell time by your pulse but he continues anyway. He says, I want her to understand something. Hna. Alverez, and why can't I understand this? No no, no offense, I want HER to understand, I'm not sure why. He has me take his wrist so I can "keep time" He got really close to my face, I was freaking out that he was going to kiss me! (He was a bit drunk). But he backed off and asked me what I understood now.........That he is going through a hard time in his life but the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help him if he will let it. My comp takes me, gives the man a pamphlet with the church address on there and we start walking. Long story short, Hna. Alverez knows what Creepy Men means.
Other than that we're teaching a couple who are baptists and D again, he came to church and participated and everything, basically we're waiting on his answer, we're going to teach him again and help him recognize the Spirit. We also found a lot of less active members and we're working a lot with them (Thank you Steve! I'll never forget that advice!). We're going to have a conference with a 70 and it's going to be almost all of our mission, menos Mar del Plata. We're excited.
(Just as Kim stayed home, I'm planning on staying home a lot in the first week of being home. I'm not trunky, I just have a plan :) No, I've realized that I'm really excited to go home, but I don't want the mission to end. I think that'll be my attitude for the rest of my mission.) GO KIM! You rock my socks! Off! No more kneaders? I'm glad there was so much family over! How fun is that! Oh Jack! That's so cute :) I can only imagine coming home with him and having it like a little Christmas. :) I'm sure the lesson was so great! Just make sure to communicate this to the next teacher so they don't teach it again, yours had guest stars and probably was very memorable. It's really good for Joseph to be teaching. He'll learn a lot about how to help the people through that. To be honest I never felt ready ready for my mission, but I knew I'd be taught by the best Teacher there is. Every day I need to read and study to feel like I've done my part to let the Spirit do the rest. We can only prepare so much, we've received the call and the answer than we need to go. I guess it'll be like getting married, we have received the answer and we know that we'll have help along the way, so we just need to start and trust A LOT in God. 
29 years! That's so so great! I marvel all the time at how blessed I am to have such amazing parents! Thank you! I didn't get to make a card, so I hope the email is satisfactory. I was thinking about what I want in my husband, I want him to more committed to God and the church than anything else, I'll come after God, I'm ok with that. But if we're both going the same direction and growing closer to God all the time, we'll have a great marriage.
Panederia! We'll need to go so I can try all of them! The ones you tried are called alfajores. They're the most common thing in the world out here, along with empanadas and pizza. and noodles. Porbre Spencer! He's a trooper! Yes! Wedding pictures! I'm excited!
This time with Jojo may be a thing of patience, I have some idea of this but it's gotta be hard. Have I shared with you my favorite scripture? DandC 101:16 It helps me a lot, read, pray and your heart will be comforted. I love you mom and I know that you can do this! We are all growing in this amazing life and fighting a great fight. I was thinking about a line from Lord of the Rings today, "There is some good in the world, and it's worth fighting for." I love that, how lucky am I to be in a battle against overwhelming odds? We know we will win, it's a promise.
Thank you so much for the package mom! I'm gonna try to get all the family shopping done next monday, so any last requests, speak now :)
I love you so much mommy!
Hna. Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment