posted by picasa

Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3- How do you measure a year-and-a-half in the mission?

How about Love?
 We are having a good amount of success right now and I'm so happy, I didn't want to leave this area nor the mission completely dry, needing to start over. We have 2 beautiful new progressing investigators that came to church yesterday with their member (less active, inactive) parents and they all LOVED it! The kids (our investigators) have a baptism date for the 22 and we're working to help them get their answer. We're also hoping to strengthen the branch a bit more before we have to go, the branch president is incredible but he doubts that sometimes, so we want to help him, we also are going to leave with the youth to help them out too. This week was really good, we had some good talks with our district leader and we're all working well.
Some funny things that happened this week: 
I finally got nipped by a dog, in the bum.....yeah no damage, it scared me a bit though. We went to Liliana and she thinks a lot and talks and this time she recognized how that is somewhat funny and said, I wasn't taught bad etiquette, poor thing my mother, she has nothing to do with my craziness. I thought it was funny.
We were talking with a recent convert about some of her fears and doubts, and she has a great imagination. She was asking us, what happens if we have an atomic bomb and we take all the bibles and keep them safe, so that when we all die from the bomb the new species of humans can find the bibles and...and and....and.... Hna Alvarez cuts in, Chica, God is all powerful. The girl thinks about this a bit.....oh yeah.
This is cute, not funny, A man in our branch said that the hardest thing to bear is not sickness, it's not what man or nature can do, it's seeing his wife without a smile. We all sighed.
We're getting a good amount of rain too, it's really hot in the morning and so it does stuff with the pressure and we get a lot of wind, a good deal of our skin gets exfoliated off, and sometimes it rains. We may need to see these waffles......
Ah Navidad, did you get to see the Christmas devotional?!! We heard that is would show and we all wanted to see it. Oh the joys of being young and in primary....and teaching primary :) I wonder what we can do to help grandpa...... rolled butter mints! As long as I can make the peanut butter balls we're good! Retail therapy! I finally found something for Kim that we probably won't find in Utah to wear, but it's kinda weird, so if we need to I may need a plan B....we'll see how it goes. Reuben sandwiches and carrot cake...can we do this again one day? New game!....uh...Guestures!
We have our last meeting Wednesday and then I'll be in the office next week until I get home, so I hope it (the package) comes in time. From all accounts this will be my last email because we do an FHE with President next week, we'll find out all of the details on that one later on in the week, everyone's worried that we'll get trunky. I figure that this is the last bit I have and I don't have time to be trunky, there's a million things to do! I'm glad I have this last week.
We started packing today and it doesn't seem real. I feel like I'll be going to another area or I'm helping clean or something, it doesn't feel like it's time to leave, but I know that this is when I need to be done, I received that answer long ago. I would like to ask something, when I get home I won't be perfect. I'll still have a lot to grow and a long way to go, I ask that you all keep that in mind. I am humbled to be called a missionary for our Savior Jesus Christ and to bring the world His truth, I feel I should be greater, but I know that God calls the weak things of the world to do His work. I am proud to be a weak thing.
Thank you so so much Mom for always supporting me, it's been a good run and I'm not done yet, every email, every prayer has helped me in this great journey. I will always remember this and I'm so glad I listened and obeyed. You have helped me and I hope to one day show that to you. I love you and I'll see you soon!
LOVE!
Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment