posted by picasa

Monday, December 3, 2012

November 12- being eaten to death by mosquito

Do you remember the part in Other Side of Heaven where they're walking through the jungle and Elder Groburg (I can't spell the other name) is driven mad by mosquitoes and runs ahead of his companion and throws his bag on the ground and shouts? Yeah, that happened yesterday. They're savages! Savages I tell you! We were talking to a man who didn't really want to listen but we were trying anyway, and there were more mosquitoes there than I have ever seen in my life, and they all wanted to eat poor Hna. Cruz. We got back to the house and she had big welts of bites, it was pretty bad I have repellent and we bought more today, but these things are really "blood-thirsty". (Yes, I ran crazily in front of my companions, threw my box on the floor and shouted (quietly)).

Other than that we are teaching a woman who needs to get married before she gets baptized (but in W this can happen in 20 days), and a man who has a lot of fear of failing, of not enduring to the end. We're trying the best we can to be worthy of the Spirit so that we can teach these people. We also need to find a lot more. But the members here are awesome and are giving us the contacts from their cell phones. We're getting a lot of help and we hope to have three baptisms before the end of the year.

Working in three is different. We need to listen to each other a lot more and to the Spirit to know when to speak and what to say so as to help the lesson run smoothly. This is the 4th trio that Hna. Cruz has had, so she's relatively used to it.

This week we're working more on the Tree project we started in July, we're planning a lot and doing more work with that and we hope it pays off. We won't be here for the end of the year so we're doing all we can to help the next missionaries and members have success.

I'm so glad to hear your birthday was very happy! YAY!!! My Daddy won't be in Germany when I get back! (happy dance in the ciber) I was thinking what if he came in the same day as me.....Que cosa no? God has His bag of tender mercies open, (it's always open, this one is just easier to see :) ). 

*Personal situation of an unnamed person.* Has he prayed about it? If not, ask him to pray about it and tell Heavenly Father, pay attention to how he feels and what God wants, then go forward with faith, let you know and whatever he chooses, he'll learn. I remember I had a line in college that was to swear and I felt horrible and dirty saying it, my teacher saw it and I asked if I could change the word, he said I could and it worked out the same way. I personally don't want to marry a man who swears or yells, more now then ever. These are my thoughts and feelings.  I want to help so so much but I feel like I'm blocked from that kind of communication and help. Maybe I'm supposed to be home for him, but whatever God's time table is, I will accept it gladly.
 

We're getting more attention now us missionaries, no? I love your ingenuity with your little kids :) Weather here is hot, we all got burned, but we're being more consistent with the sunscreen now. Ha ha! A serger! Que bueno! You can sew........a dress........or a rug, I'm just throwing out ideas...
More for the box.....carmex for Hna Alvarez.

It's true, a lot of the time we are very conscience of how we are seen but most of the time we are happy because we desire to serve and help others be happy, if we're not happy to begin with, how can we invite others to be happy? I am personally happy because every person is a child of God and He loves them, I need to show His love. There's a line from the Veggie Tales Sweet Pea beauty that I've been thinking about a lot. "It's God that sees the beauty in all things, I just chose to agree with Him" I really like it because it's true, God sees things how they are, He created them and they were good. True there are things vile and evil but we focus on the good and the right. Man are that they might have joy. :)

Thank you for being my Facebook detective :) I love you so so much Mom and hope everything is going well. Keep praying, keep reading and let God tell you His will. He loves you and wants the best possible for you and our family. I love Him and I love you. Thank you for your prayers and your love. I'll never forget it!
LOVE!!!
Hna. Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment