posted by picasa

Monday, December 3, 2012

November 19- Buff and Creepy Frogs

So my companion is deathly afraid of frogs. I found this out last week when it rained, there are a lot of frogs here and we were leaving the church to get back to the apartment and she screamed and wouldn't move. I looked down to see a frog, and said, oh how cute! and she looks at me, horribly surprised, and says, no! it's not cute! they're horrible and disgusting and.....etc. I thought it was rather funny the three days that we had a good rain storm, though she is getting better, she'll let me walk by her with the frog on one side and her on the other, clinging to my arm. I love my Hna. Alvarez! She also learned in English "buff and creepy" from someone earlier in her mission, and has been calling me this for a few weeks now, ja ja ja ja.

Other than that we worked on the activity for the branch so that we can work better together. Two families showed up so our branch president said we need to do it at the end of the normal block of meetings this coming Sunday. We worked a lot on it and a lot of our appointments were canceled so it didn't look like we did a lot of work but we were pretty tired by the end of every day. We also found a man who, when we knocked, he came out and said, I've been searching for you, and I need something. Turns out he has been reading the Book of Mormon for some time but because his wife is super de un otro religiĆ³n, he doesn't want to cause problems and become part of the church. He was great though! It showed me that the people are being prepared, maybe I'm not the one to help him but he is being prepared.

Ha ha, I read the first line from s that was all, YOUR COMING HOME SOON! and I though...I'll reply to Mom's letter first. No but really I'm ok, the people here have been saying how much time I don't have for about 3 months so I'm mas o menos used to it :)

I had a dream that Hna Cruz was with us for thanksgiving! It was weird.I can understand your feelings about the show, besides being unfamiliar is was strange and hurtful to see Jacob like that for you. I'm very very glad Jacob talked to you about things, sometimes we don't understand all of what's going on, but how could we, we just see what is in front of us, but God sees more, He knows what will help and what can help heal. (For now I realize that good can come from bad?) Yeah, it's a song worth analyzing. I'm so happy it all turned out ok. Give me mountains to climb!

Ha ha, take only one piece of bread, words of wisdom right there. I still remember when I was an ankle-biter and took two, rolled them into balls and played with them, then I lost them to your cleverness and said, what happened to the little balls? Good rule! You are the best friend to everyone, you can always help someone! I'm happy you have such lights in your life.
YES Knock and run adventures!
Christmas is coming...weird no?
April or March, or April. I guess it is all between him and God. The gap will be very much smaller between when our family will all be together again.....again! OH WE ARE WARM! I baked today some VERY late gifts and thankyous and sorrys....our apartment was an oven! We were all sweating, and all I could think of was "good for the pores, good for the pores". We are doing well, we're working and trying the best we can to not run in circles with the amount of work we have, but I guess that's why we have weekly and daily planning!

I love you so much Mom. Thank you for your offer of help, we always need all the prayers we can get and I love knowing you are always praying for me/us.
Keep each other close and remember I love you!
Hna. Aubrey Pixton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment