posted by picasa

Monday, May 7, 2012

Fwd: Malvinas

Sorry I didn't write! I was so sad to discover that none of the servers would be open for us to use yesterday, but luckily I can email today and not have to wait until next monday and do two weeks. Anyway, yes I'm still in D after the transfer, so is Hna. Clark! So is Hna. Sleight! So is Hna. Carson! Nothing changed in our little town as far as missionaries go. I did learn that Hna. Jenson from the MTC is in Puerto right now so that's kinda fun. Oh yes, the subject line, Yesterday was 30 years from when the war ended (? started? ended?) You'd think I've have caught that yesterday but no. We went to a park to see the dedication of it and there were all these flags and they sang some of their national anthum, it was pretty cool. But some of the people associate the USA with England and they don't like England because of the Malvinas, but hey, no one yelled at us! A man came up and started talking to us un engish a little bit so that was kinda fun. This last week.....I got the package! It was really nice to have American chocolate again, or where ever cadbury is from! We all watched conference in the Relief Society room and ate ourselves full of sandwiches, jelly beans and other fun things, just like home ;) Almost. We got to see it in English so I was happy. I put a few highlights in my planner from the conference (I took notes too but I summed them up for traveling purposes). I really liked Pres. Packer's talk! I loved the imagry of the little girl gathering what was beautiful in her world, and that she was what was beautiful in her world. There were a lot of talks on children and families this time around! Sometimes an apostle would speak and then someone else would end up speaking on basically the same subject and we wondered, how intune were they to receive the same message as an apostle! It was cool. Lots about love too, and improving how we love with whome we love, and to love God better, that was striking to me. Koelliker, Oaks, Eyring, those were some really great ones. Elder Holland! Don't Dely, it's getting late, Amen. Fa! I loved the perspective on the parable too. Hales, developing more Christ-like attributes. Ha ha, Uchtorf, Stop it! :) It was great to hear very specific great talks. I loved Saturday! Those were really great for me to hear. I was wondering about Bednar but I guess I'll read his talk when the Liahona gets here. Also the new presiding Bishopric and Relief Society! Whhhaaaaaaa? Also, did you guys watch the Fires of Faith about the King James Bible? That was cool. All in all I came away with this, Do I show my love for God as much as I should? I want to become better! It was really great, I LOVE conference in the mission! I love a lot of things in the mission but Conference is near the top of the list. With the transfers we got a new Leader de Distict and a new Leader de Zone, Guess who's lider de zona?! Elder Gravelle from the MTC! I don't get to see him too often because we only have meetings ever other week and he has 3 other districts to visit but it was good to finally find him in the mission!
So the Clarks are off....maybe I'll go spend a weekend or something in about a year.....Our next ward activity is a talent show! I'm excited to see what they ward brings. I do miss going out to eat with the family, we'll walk by places and I think, oh that'd be a fun place to go with Mom-in english and the states.... Ha ha ha. Anne Spelled with an E. We were talking about that in the house one night, all three of them! It was good fun. Indexing! Woot! Facebook stalking! Marrying! Russia! Ah, that was him.....I guessed totally wrong. Thank you! I love you momma and hope that everything goes well this next week! LOVE!
-Hermana Aubrey Pixton



No comments:

Post a Comment