posted by picasa

Monday, May 7, 2012

Ummmmm.......Fast week? April 9

¡Feliz Pascua!
So yes that may or may not have been one of the only things I could think to write about right at the beginning, but now I'm typing so I have more ideas. So apparently there are gypsies in Do right now and a lot of people are scared of them, they are kind of though of as robbers and a little witchie. They walk around in long cotton skirts and so some people think that we're gypsies when they see us, we knocked this door and this poor little old lady peeks around the door at us and asks who we are and what we want, to which we reply that we are missionaries and we want to bring you to Christ (we didn't actually say that but that's the gist of it). She opens the door a little more and asks if we're gypsies, to which we rely no, we have not seen the gypsies either, to which she replies that they are here and that she is scared of them. I'm not sure she believed that we were really missionaries and not gypsies just trying to get into her house. Porbre cita. We also were teaching this other older lady (85ish) and we said we wanted to give her a Book of Mormon and she asked what it cost and we said Not a thing because it's a gift, the only price is to read it, she didn't believe us. She said that we must have something for the book so she habbles out of the room into her room, comes back and puts 100 pesos on the table! That's kind of a lot! We tried to explain to her that the book really is a gift, that as missionaries we have a lot more, that we cannot take her money, that it's a rule that we cannot take her money, that if she'd like she could make us food for the book....kind of everything we had. In the end I changed the subject and while she wasn't looking slipped it into the pamphlet we were giving her too....I hope she doesn't get offended, or forget that she gave it to us, find the money later and think we're bribing her......We also went to see another older lady for her birthday (wow, we have a lot of those), she told us that not very many people came to see her for her birthday, I now have the desires to go see people and bring them cake on their birthdays! It was so sad to me! But after she invited us to eat emanadas at her house so I was happy :).
This week went super too fast. I can't believe that we're on week two of my third transfer in D, this has gone so much faster than Puerto ever did! I don't know how to make it slow down so that I can do all the things I need to before I'm done!
Other than that I'm doing good! We're getting cooler weather and we're thinking about buying more sweaters but we'll figure that out. Ah, the Clarks are out of state! Fa. I guess we'll be having a few road trips a few times a year. Laughing at dirty snow? .....That's a little weird Jofluf.
*part of my letter to her--- Hi!  How are all things? We got through the week without Jack Clark, and its a little sad.  They had a tough week getting settled, but we were able to "face time" with them on Friday.  Face time is kinda like skype for Iphones.  It was really cool. Dream dinners! I'll see how often we can go next year! I hope Jacob really enjoys the time in NY, it's something fun and he needs to remember to take pictures.* Ground Zero was still in shambled when I was there. Worker Joker, good boy :) Send me pictures of your adventures this weekend! 

Our Easter was a bit weird too, everyone makes chocolate eggs to give to people here and we had to try out hand at it....we're not very good at it right now but we're done so it doesn't matter! It does feel weird to have Easter when it feels like we should be having Halloween. Marrage! Yay! It's about when a lot of my other friends are getting married too. That's so good! And you make those deviled eggs! We could but I don't think the rest of my house likes them very much, that's so sad no one was there to color eggs! But I feel like we'll find things to do with that next year. How's the end of the school year hitting? Senor year next year for Jaker! And I am perfectly ok with you doing a lot of indexing, we'll go to the temple and do some work, or better yet, you guys can go soon and do the work! I want to so bad and I hope we get to pass by the Temple here if it's open (we're praying!).

I'm rather boring this week because the rest of last week was so weird....maybe it's the changing seasons or that everything is the same for another transfer....donno. But I am happy and keeping warm and thank you so much for your letters! I love you so much Mom! LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment