posted by picasa

Monday, July 9, 2012

June 25

I wasn't horribly worried I'd be moved after only one transfer here but I am happy to announce that I am still with Hna Baker!!! Yay! We have a lot of work to do here in W and I'm excited to start doing it! I also completed 13 months on the mission today! 
Wow, it was just yesterday that I was walking around Puerto with Hna. Clark, but now she's at home and I have 4 short transfers left! It scared me a little how fast time goes. Also I'm not sure I'll end my mission in W anymore, I could have another area, I could have another comp for 2 more transfers and then I'll have one more with whoever.....ok done thinking about that! 

This week went by really really fast and I'm hoping I'll be able to savor the time a bit more this next week. I did take out another 350 pesos (I don't know the conversion anymore to dollars). 

OH! Sabe que! I got the Easter candy! We finished off Jacob's bag of runts and lemon heads the after two days and then decided we'd pace ourselves as far as the chocolate went, then proceeded to dive into the cadbury eggs. We now have goals to be healthier, so we're REALLY pacing ourselves. Oh, yes, I am a bit head-coldie, but it's been so long that we've not really been working at the fault of no one (it's what had to happen, we've been told), and I want to not be sick! This means, says Hna. Baker, that I have to go to bed with drugs in my system.....yeah... I'm here with my sugar-free cough drops feelin' tired but wanting to go to find people and teach! 

A missionary suffers when they don't teach and I don't want to suffer. This week we were trying to get a boy baptized, but he said no at the last minute, so the elders wanted to come and talk to him, we felt bien incomodo. By the end he still said no but it was good to see Elder Howard before he left. He is right up there with Elder Thomas for my favorite district leader! He was great, we all kinda cried when he left. BUT all the Hna.s are still here and the only elder that changed was to replace Elder Howard. We're ready for another 6 weeks, another 7 days and another 24 hours.

It sounds like Girls camp was great! And you got to have a great bed too! I first read about the "house fires burning" and I thought, Oh no! Laura lit the house on fire! Nope....I need to have more trust in her I think. Ah, how is everything in Lehi? And HOW many minutes are in a year? ;) Kim's gone until the end of this transfer! Weird how that worked out. I always LOVED going outside for lessons, it is more distracting but fun too. This next week sounds great! I'd be excited to go see a battleship! So I'm sure he's there with more, or even more excited because of his personal connection. 
I think about Joseph a lot. I'm so proud of the progress that he's making and I'm going to write him soon. I know physical letters are better in general so that'll come soon. And you're so right! God will prove his promises, He always has, sometimes not in the way we expect but always he is in control (DyC 101:16). I think it's sometimes easy to forget because Satan is working really hard to down play it, or distract us, I think also of the talk by Pres. Erying this last conference, Mountains to Climb, or the other about how the dad and his kids were climbing the mountain and finally got to the top and saw how far they've come. I love that talk. A lot of my testimony is on the power of the Priesthood. 

I honor the priesthood more now than in any other time in my life. I love this gospel and know that it is the only cure for the ills of the world. We all have trials and things that are hard, but if it wasn't hard, we'd never be shaped. I love you mom and thank you so much for your strength and testimony through everything that's been happening! I admire you a lot. I am doing well, I am happy, a little sick but happy. I hope you can feel my love a much as I feel yours! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment