posted by picasa

Friday, February 10, 2012

Dec 26

A AND N WERE BAPTIZED!!!!! I'm not sure how big this is to anyone else but it's super big to me! I went over to their house a couple times with Hna. Clark and he was very unexcited and a bit sad with how much hope he didn't have. We went over and found A who has 11 years and REALLY wanted to be baptized, (he knew he had to have 4 discussions and come to church 3 times, it was so cute!) And so we started planning for his baptism around the end of November, we found out that he couldn't be baptized if he didn't have someone who would bring him to church every week, so that meant either we needed to baptize his dad or reactivate his sisters. We went for the dad idea, hoping to reactivate the sisters in the process. I feel like that sounds really dry but I was actually really wanting to teach N (the father). We taught them the first two lessons in one go because A could practically teach them to us, and N was very familiar with them as well. We taught them most of the next two in the next lesson and chastity and tithing in the next one. By the end N asked us, "What do I need to do so that I can be baptized with my son?" We were so happy and so grateful for that miracle from the Lord. What a change! It still blows my mind! N got to see his son baptized and A stood in the door of the font soaking wet so that he could see his father get baptized. As N came out of the font, the doors were closing but Hna Sleight and I got to see him and his son hug each other, wet from the font and full of the Spirit. The two daughters were in tears and were hugging us and saying that it was a miracle. It was such a sweet scene. Their whole family was there at the baptism too and some of their friends! I was so happy for them! Sunday they received the Holy Ghost and N cried a little! He's a man who doesn't show a ton of emotion and so when you see it come out it's rather exciting! This week was basically all about them and Christmas preparations. We were making brownies and cards and notes and pictures and bookmarks and all sorts of things to give to ward member, recent converts and investigators. It went really fast! But a lot happened as far as eternity goes too. Oh yes, the buttermints that you sent me, I finally broke them out and they were gone within two days! and the butterscotch candies and sweet stripes, yup gone. Rapidly. Thank you so much mom! Oh, also, I told the Bishop that you guys wanted to pay for the phone call but he said not to worry about it, at all, that it was their pleasure to help us with this Christmas communication. It wasn't exactly those words but it was close :) We also got some crazy lightning this last week! It lit up the sky better then the fireworks for Christmas! We also made our ward missionaries be santa's helpers because we couldn't leave our companion's side so we needed some.....help:D
It was so great to talk and see everyone! I loved seeing you all living, that sounds so weird, it's like how watching a movie is different than looking at a poster. That was very happy for me:) I hope it was happy for you all too! I can't imagine where I'll be at mother's day! We also ended up with lots of food at our house, and fruit cake, yes I got actual homemade fruit cake this year from two of the ward missionaries. And I'm so glad the Elf is a happy thing and whose name rhymes with dip :D I can get some pretty good shampoo here, but apparently floss is needed from the states. Yes, toothpaste and deoderant would be great, Hna S is trying the different types, but I don't really want to go through that process. Generally I pull my hair up, that's one of the first times it's been down for a long time. There's lots of wind here and it's a little hot, it's just easier to pull it up. Thank you for the comment on my hair though! Sometimes I feel like it's so ugly, so thank you for the complement :) It's weird to feel pretty as a missionary :P I do want to buy myself a matte and maybe those leather scripture covers from down here, so I'll probably do that. I need to pray about when I should come home, and ask Pres and all that. But yeah, I'll let you know when I know. I should get my first set of "trunky papers" 6 months from when I go home. Yes, voy a orar. Good! I'm so happy Joseph had a good time at the temple! He'll be able to go to it every week in the MTC and that was definately a highlight for me when I was there. Weird....I might be home for the play in November.......Joseph's such a cool kid! So is Jacob, my brothers are awesome! Kim and Laura are pretty spectacular too :) So they're moving!? Que raro. Birthday.....I'll start thinking about that one :) I think as far as transfers go, my birthday will be the halfway transfer mark. Weird huh?
I love you mom and I hope this week is good and tranquilo para ustedes!
I love you all!
Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment