posted by picasa

Friday, February 10, 2012

February 6

So today I decided to make chocolate chip cookies, it's P-day and we had stuff. I bought azucár negro because it was the same price as the azucár rubia and the azucár rubia looked really light, so I make the cookies and dump 150g of chocolate chips in this recipe....they were so rich! And I'm pretty sure I ate way too many of them, and there are still some left, hopefully the other Hermanas will eat them all. They didn't burn or anything, just with the dark dark brown sugar, they turned out super dark. And rich. They were good but oh so bad. Anyway.
This week was good. On tuesday Pres. came to D to do interviews and it was really good to talk to him and all the stuff, investigators, study, ....los demas.....It´s always good to talk to the Mission President. He taught us about Nephi and how he was shown how to build the ship, and how there was some time passed between when the Lord told him to build the ship and when he actually knew how to do it. I feel like this works very well with everything, but especially missionary work, the Lord tells us to go out and find people who're ready to change their lives to be more in accordance with God, and we go out and learn how to do this. It was amazing what kind of insight you can get from two verses of scripture. Nephi probably had to go up that mountain a lot to talk with God and recieve revelation, and climbing a mountain is hard, but he did it and he built a ship. A SHIP! It took them to the promised land without any mid-way stops. That's incredible! Pres. likened that to how we're building our character everyday and learning all the time to help build out "ship" so we don't have to swim through life and worry about drowning, we can sail. Still maintaining the ship and where it goes and taking care of it, but it's a lot better than swimming.
We also found a girl named I who is SO ready for this message, she wants this and is ready. We're gonna go see her this week and help her out. C is going to be baptized this weekend! We're excited about that too, we need to clear a few things up but besides that she's as good as wet. L and his mom and grandma still have at least another week and the grandma of C has 2 more weeks, but we're still excited about them!
I'm so glad that Joseph is doing better! 35 pound vest? Oh dear. I don't think I could walk too long with that on let alone run! But I'm happy he'll be doing other things. I'm also super glad he got the letter! I have letters for your mia maids but I have not sent them because it's expensive and things close at 1 until 5, but I'll try to send them this week! I also got the packages! The first ones and then the one with deoderant and things! Thank you so much mom! Hna V is very impresses with Reeses, but she'll be going home to Cordoba soon so I'll need to send her something when I get home! I'm glad you were able to sew! Sew what? Ha ha ha :) This is one of the things you can do that makes you amazing, turing something horrible into something wonderful! I love that about you. I'm sure the lesson was fine, reaching out is something that is really important, we're always working with the ward to help the conversos feel comfortable. I actually gave a lesson on Sunday too, it was the Gospel Principles class on Agency. Apparently it was good but I still had my doubts....but I feel ok about it now. It was my first class ever where I had to do the majority of the talking (in missionary lessons here, the people do a good deal of talking). Oh grandpa, I fear that he won't know me when I get back, then again I'm not sure Jack will know me either ;) Pero bueno, que va hacer. I'm doing really well, my belly hurts a bit from the cookies but other than that I'm good! Talking and understanding a little bit more every day. Wow, it's already the 6th of Feb. Before ya know it, it'll be the end of the transfer! Hna V completed 18 months this week! We have a few things to do before the end so she's good and not wanting to leave. Anyway, Yes, letters! I'll send them! Also can I get a recipe for hot fuge sauce? sugar milk cocoa? maybe, I don't know :) I love you mom and thank you so much for your weekly updates, I was particularly antsy about this one.
LOVE!!!!!
Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment