posted by picasa

Friday, February 10, 2012

January 23





Yeah, it's rained a bit here and is raining still, but not SO much, but I still love it! Bueno, este semana we went to T for our district meeting and ended up getting completely soaked by the Argentine rain! We were visiting some less actives/recient converts in that area while waiting for the bus and we left one house and it was POURING!! Soaked in seconds, my companion and I ran to the terminal to call the elders to see if they could bring our stuff from the church to the terminal (it was a bit far), and those good elders brought them in a remis and we were able to make our bus in time! It was an adventure. We also found a grandma and her grandchildren to teach, bueno, her grand-daughter to teach. Her other grandchild has a mental handicap and their family is so full of love for her. We also are still teaching G and L and also the grandma D! D is so funny sometimes, she'll tell us she wants to take her time and that we can't go too fast but then she's reading ahead in the scriptures while we're reading them, it's funny. But G is still trying to stop drinking. We'll work as much as we possible can to help them. We went one day and brought her 4 liters of juice/soda stuff and asked her for her alcohol which her son delivered to us. We taught them until we had to go or we'd be late, so we have this almost full bottle of alcohol, two missionaries running down the dark roads trying to get home before curfew...yeah, I thought it was funny, and Hna C drew a picture of it. The other picture is what I did today:letters and knitted another pot holder! Yay! Sorry for the lack of pictures, but this week I'm going to complete 8 months in the mission so we're bound to take some sort of grand picture montage. OH! I also worked out that our area is about 1x1.5 miles. That explains how everyone knows everyone! I get it!
Temple. Yes! Planned. I have a Samsung digimax S500(?) I'm assuming we can get a larger memory card or the same one....I'm actually not saving all the photos......I figured they're all on the email so I can download them from my sent mail later....But I've been saving most of them since the last transfer in P. More birthday ideas....You know how I said I'm not wearing make-up? I took a picture today and realized I probably should be wearing make-up. Some regular black, non-waterproof mascara of any brand (maybe maybelline?) some of the face powder stuff that I think Kim has, probably the same, or close to it shade, and an eye shadow that has black in there, (like black blue light blue....I don't know :) ) Music...Hna V has some instramental that I realized are missionary appropriate, so it doesn't have to be only traditional things, anything that is inspirational and brings the Spirit! You never got dad's letter!!!!!! I wonder what happened!!!!!! Oh.....Can you tell him I wrote him a really good letter? I'll write another one too!
We actually have to move their baptism to next week because they didn't come to church this last week! That was a sad lesson that night. But we're still moving forward, slowly but surely. Joseph gave his talk well!!!! Oh good! I know he'll do great things and learn so much! Two missionaries in the family......que raro. I remember this time last year, well, it was in may but still, there's a lot of thoughts and feelings and I didn't really know what to expect but I knew I was doing the right things so I knew I didn't have to worry. I'm glad Joseph got to do sealings! I did those in the MTC and it was so great to be a part of. This gospel is so great! We have the promise of an eternal family and that God loves us and wants the best for our lives! I love it mom! I'm not sure what else to write about so I'll take better notes this next week! I love you and I hope that Joseph is doing great with this next step in life!
Love you!
Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment