posted by picasa

Friday, February 10, 2012

January 2, 2012

Yes, slow but at the same time so very fast. It's the end of this transfer this week and that in itself is super weird. Hna O completed 10 months today and Hna S and I only have 10 months ish in the mission so that was also weird to realize. We didn't get to teach ANY lessons at all this week except to our recent converts and a few less active people. It was rather depressing to realize that and then realize I'd need to tell the elders our numbers for the week, or our lack thereof. But Elder T was really good about helping feel ok. He said the numbers were like this last year too and to not worry about it too much. It was good to know that our leader has confidence in us. We still felt bad because he has to tell the zone leaders. But....que va hacer. But! I was happy that I bought my first matte this week! Yes, it says MP on it. I'm not sure if I'll get transferred this next week but I don't want to be surprised and have no recuerdo from the area I've spent my first third of my mission. But I feel very calm about this transfer. I'm not sure if that means nothing will happen or that it'll all be ok anyway, but I feel ok. We did get some pretty rock'n references this week from members so I'm excited to teach them. A lot of people want to wait to listen to us for another week because of the festivities, but we'll find someone! The first hour struck of new years and the fireworks started all over the city! People were setting them off in their backyards, in the streets and off someone else in the distance. Apparently the streets were packed a few blocks over but we wouldn't have known it. We were happy to sit on our beds and watch the fireworks (we couldn't have slept if we had tried). We did finally get to sleep a bit later out of exhaustion. ;) Today we went to a cool park thing and I really need to wear sunscreen. I also tried waxing today....I don't think I'll ever do it again if I can help it. One, I'm not good at it. Two, it hurts! But I had to take a picture cause I looked funny.
Oh Kim Kim! I do love cake pictures, sometimes it looks like the cake is on fire, sometimes it looks like the person is on fire. I prefer the cake being on fire ones :D Slow weeks are good sometimes, but it is nice to get back into a routine and have some work to do. I was thinking about mother's day and how, if we can time it right, we could skype with Florida, Colorado and Highland. That could be fun. I always admire you when you tell me you've taught the young women. Especially tough subjects. It's gotta be revelation for you to be in that calling; you always taught us so well :) Thank you for the friend updates :) As far as I know that's not breaking any rules. Aparently it haled in parts of this mission and it's threatening to rain so I'm pretty excited! Hope this beginning of the year is good to you (and you all). OH! Also, I read a talk that was given at BYU called "His Grace is Sufficiant" by Brad Wilcox and it was SO GOOD!!! People should look it up, it's wonderful. I love you and I hope you get more from the pictures than from my emails :S LOVE YOU!
-Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment