posted by picasa

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 2- Teeter totter fun


So we did the Mormon Hands that Help service again out here and we cleaned a park, afterward we were playing on the park stuff, notably, the teeter totter. Hna. Alverez is about half my weight so I was doing a good amount of work to play with her on these toys. The seats, leveled, are a bit higher than my hip level so getting on and off was an adventure, with that said, I was preparing to get off and I thought I had my weight well enough balanced so that I could get off and Hna. Alverez could level the toy, I slide my body off, still with my leg over the seat, and Hna Alverez either couldn't reach or freaked out and lifted her legs but she went down, my leg went up and I was more or less hanging there while my companion was freaking out! The best part was to see the elder's faces, they couldn't really help us as they cannot touch us, but their body language was such that I knew they wanted to help. In the end someone came and leveled the teeter totter so that I could get off as well as Hna. Alverez. Such is my case right now that I feel I should be skinnier and shorter.

Other than that we're doing great! A was baptized on Thursday as planned and confirmed on Sunday. L is very happy and Presidente Ramos already has a calling for her! We're excited. Now we're working toward K's baptism, she's planned for the 13th and she's so cute! She's 10 years old and wants to go out teaching with us! We're still working with her dad, but Presi says we can't wait on him to baptize her, so we're planning for the 13th. We went to teach them and we were talking about scripture study and how the scriptures give us answers and help. R (her father) said he's been a member for years (inactive) and has never read more than a verse per week. He did the flip-through-the-pages-and-see-what-scripture-your-finger-lands-on deal and it came to be something that he looked up at us and was all, Aaaaaaaaa. Like, yeah, you're right, this does help me. K did it too and exclaimed, It spoke to me! It was a great experience and the Spirit testified to them both that scriptures are holy and from God.
Hey! I'm doing well, healthy and happy. Yeah! Family yakking! or is it yacking? I feel like the first one is hunting yaks....General Woman's broadcast! We'll see that soon! 

Throwing the ball is the best thing after all :D I'm so glad you are the amazing grandma to them all! It'd like the movie "out of the mouth of babes"! It's a great movie. *** (referring to me teaching the 3 yo primary class)

I was reading about the sacrament and how it's a way for the men to become more like Christ because they are literally doing what He did. The primary is so cute! Yay! Hanks! That should be super fun! 

Thanks Mom for the photos and, you won't believe this, I don't know where my cable is for my camera. We're positive it's still in the apartment, we just need to find it, so I don't have pictures....again. Epic fail. (One of the office elders played WOW out here in Argentina so we shared a nerd moment.) I feel lame writing such a short response but I don't have a lot of time. I love you and I hope all is well at home! I pray for you all and I know the my Father is taking care of you.
LOVE YOU!!!
Hna. Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment