posted by picasa

Monday, October 15, 2012

Sept 3- Trunky air freshener

So we have a neighbor who smokes, so we got air freshener that said anti-tobacco. It smells like man! We call it the "novio" (boyfriend). We always feel bad using it but it works really well!


So this week we were working a lot with L, we went to help her get ready for her daughter's birthday party so that she could come to church and not worry about it, and we ended up harvesting lemons! It reminded me so much of the picture of the boys with the peaches but we didn't have my camera! But let it be known that we did some extreme lemon harvesting, (lemon trees have thorn/spine things). We did all we possibly could and in the end she was able to come! We were very very happy. 

The lemon harvest day we were talking to her before and she opened her bible and started crying, she looked at us and asked, what do I need to do to be baptized? We were in slight shock. We explained about the lessons and the interview and the attendances and she said, ok good, I'll do it then. The scripture she found was when Jesus was baptized and the Father said, behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. It was a very sweet moment. 

Other than that we had a run-in with a very upset lady. We stopped by P. to use their bathroom and while we were in the hall waiting to use the elevator, we were talking (probably a bit louder than we should have been) and an older lady pokes her head out her apartment and starts yelling at us. She said that we need to go talk in our church and not bother people (I think she thought we were nuns), it scared me to death! Just the way she was talking to us scared me, but now we have a renewed resolution to talk quieter in P.

My day is going good, other than the scary lady incident, we're doing good (and wet) over here. Ha ha, the elders know and if anything happens again we'll tell President but we're keeping an eye out and we're fast runners! 

Ha ha, I can imagine labeler fun! Oh! I'm so happy that he's so great! Are the sisters going to can or just go nuts eating them? ( referring to the peaches we got from the tree) Both good choices. 

OH! The office elder that handles the mail (materials) said I have something but he couldn't remember if it was a package or not. Just FYI.

 I have been thinking about Joseph a lot this week and I really want him to get on the mission as soon as he can. It is the best thing in the world and he will have so much help. I would love to see him but if he's ready before that happens, full steam ahead!

I think Hna Vaughan is from Farmington but if she's getting you the information it'll probably have the exact address. Hna Vaughan was and will be one of my best friend from the mission forever. She was never my companion but we were in the same house in Mar del Plata and then after she was in P, but we always found each other. I love her a lot.
***(Sister Vaughan came home a tiny bit early due to foot complications, so I got to go to her welcome home. It was such a delight)***
 Yes! Cookie brownieing! You're so great Mom! Ha ha ha, why-eye-eyes-ya, all the live long day. Fieldtrip! I think I'll be ok until December, but I'll let you know if something comes up! I love you Mom and thank you so so much for all your help, letters, prayers, thoughts, all of it! 

Give the family my love, also, I can't write Dad or Kim back this time but I'll get that out next week!
LOVE!
Hna. Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment