posted by picasa

Monday, October 15, 2012

Sept 17- Mild your head

Momma!
L was baptized! We're very happy and she is very happy, but we had a slight bump....to be exact. She is about my height, rather tall, and when she was in the font, the brother lowered her down but she hit her head on the wall of the font! She reacted by pulling her body lower into the water she wanted to be baptized so bad! But after she said something about being hard-headed so we all kind of laughed it off. Her daughter didn't come to church so we are moving her baptism to the next week and not this one.


Other than that we had an interesting week, I found out that my body is rejecting me eating many forms of oil/fat and milk (it's relatively common for the Yankee missionaries to be lactose intolerant out here). So I stayed in bed for an afternoon and ate soup and fruit after that, (hey, I'll get skinny right?), no but my stomach is better now, though I am starting to watch what I eat more so that I don't die again. Also, Hna. Orton is dying today, she'll be home probably Wednesday  which makes my group the oldest Hnas in the mission! Crazy stuff huh. Hna Alverez also sprained her ankle so I may be going with a member to visit a lot of people tomorrow. 

Oh yeah, I'm still in W with Hna. Alverez! We're both very excited about this, we feel like we can do almost anything together so we're happy. I don't have photos of the baptism with me but I will send them next week!

We're experiencing a lot of the heat of spring and Hna. Alverez could not be happier, but with the heat and the water come the mosquitoes! They're huge! ok, not THAT big but they're rather large. 

Ha ha, I'm glad come pros did the chain sawing, 
***(We had some limbs cut off some tall trees in our backyard)****
I'm not sure how I feel about either of my brothers, (let alone my MOTHER) with a chain saw. 

Oh, good chocolate chip cookies...I miss those. Conferences are always fun, it's a chance to not move so much and to listen well. If you did go somewhere it was probably awesome! 

I promise to hide your keys and close up all the pies as to not have any accidents. **** (referring to me taking ambian while David is out of town)***

To Payden:
You're getting baptized! I'm so happy that you're so happy to do it! It is something that will last your whole life and forever too. This is the first step on this great path and I know there are great things waiting for you further on. We just had a baptism out here in Argentina and it's the exact same promise in the whole world, it's such a special feeling to see someone walk into that water and I feel the Spirit strongly when the person is confirmed. That is one of the greatest gifts of all eternity, the gift of the Holy Ghost. I know you will learn to listen and love the Spirit. Keep doing the things you know are right and you will feel the blessings come. I know this to be true, 
congratulations on your baptism!
***(Letter to Aubreys 2nd cousin for her baptism book)***

I hope that's ok.....
Ok, I need Joseph to write me and tell me what's going on. Jacob has a good head on his shoulders, he'll have a lot of fun his senior year. Aaron wrote me this last family dinner and I was very happy about that. I'm happy he treats my dear sister so well and I'm excited to meet him. 

I'm doing well, things that I crave now are things that don't ship well so I'l just wait it out. I love you Mom and thank you so much for always writing me and keeping me up to date. I love you!
Hna. Aubrey Pixton


No comments:

Post a Comment