posted by picasa

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 8- Fedriado

So, sometimes, Argentina has holidays where lots of things are close, only fair, it's a holiday. The only misfortune falls on the missionaries who want to use said holidays (they usually are Mondays) to buy things. Today is one such day.
But it's ok, we always have more time. The girls in the M Family just passed and they said to say Hi! They're great. Can just say that I LOVE the branch here in W!? They are so great and they work so hard!

This week I feel went really fast because we had Zone conference on Monday, interviews and writing families on Tuesday, intensive planning on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday conference! I love conference! Elder Cook, Holland, Pres. Eyring, and Uchtdorf's talks were SO GOOD! Yes, I cried during elder Holland's talk..... I also loved the new relief society president! We'll see the world wide broadcast this coming Sunday! And we are planning K's baptism for Saturday but we need to verify a few things before we'll be sure she's ready to be baptized. We also have a goal as a mission for 1000 baptisms this year and we're lacking about 300, so 100 per month, sí se puede! We're pretty excited about it all. You know, helping God save souls........ I love this work, I really hope that I've done at least a portion of what I was supposed to do here, there is SO Much WOrk to do and we need all the help we can get. We were SUPER excited about the missionaries with 18 and 19 years! It's so crazy! We may, or may not, be planning the missions of everyone in White.......
 Intense week eh?;) We got to watch all of conference but the priesthood, (here it starts at 9 so even the elders didn't see it) and yes, the info, as far as I'm concerned, was perfect! When you said cold, I thought, but it's October, it's supposed to be getting warmer, then I remembered...oh yeah....we have snow and stuff for Christmas. :P Silly Aubrey. Ha ha! I can totally see you run into the house cheering your hear out! On the screen they showed the audience, it was so fun to see all their shocked faces! I thought about Joseph and Jacob coming back around the same time, within a year of each other and just cried! Yes! It's cool to go on missions! I knew it! I'm living it and I still love it! I thought of my family a lot in this conference.
Yes I want those texts!
I loved the pictures! Indian food! I miss that a lot, more just the variety of food....Ha ha, I love the game! It's like bingo but intense! I'll BET Dad was the best at it! 61 years, what a goal and pattern to follow! Ha ha, funny cat! NO!! You're going to Disneyland without me! Ah well, I guess this makes up for when you didn't go last may. Hu hu, I don't like being alone with Oz either...
I loved Elder Eyring's talk about how we need to be available for God to tell us things, He'll do it, we just need to listen and WANT the answer.
Fwa! I thought about Joseph SO MUCH in the conference! God was speaking very powerfully. Nov. 14! Crazy stuff! I'm so excited! It's hot then it's cold out here, rain then wind then sun....it's weird, my body may go into shock when I get home, get out the blankets!
I love you Mom and thank you so much for your great letter!
LOVE
Hermana Aubrey Pixton

No comments:

Post a Comment